Dr Radwan Ali Suleiman Banimustafa
His Career history:
* Internship in general medicine and general surgery, at Amman base hospital 12.7.1973 – 10.8.1974.
* Field medical officer (G.P.) field army hospitals and medical centers
Jordan 10.8.1974 – 15.9.1976
* Resident and senior resident in general psychiatry at King Hussein Medical Center Amman 15.6.1976 – 30.9.1979.
* Clinical assistant – the institute of psychiatry and the Maudsley Hospital, London, U.K. 1.10.1980 – 30.9.1982.
* Consultant psychiatrist in King Hussein medical center, Amman – Jordan 1.10.1982 – 28.9.1996.
* Chairman of the department from 1992 to Sept. 28th, 1996.
* Senior lecturer in psychiatry, university of science and technology, Jordan from November 1996 to May 1997.
* Member of the examination board of psychiatry in Jordan from 1994 to 1997and from 2001 to date.
* Assistant editor – Arab journal of psychiatry from 1990 to 1997.
* Consultant psychiatrist, psychiatric hospital Manama, Bahrain since 28th May 1997 to 30th August 2001
* Assistant professor and consultant psychiatrist, The University of Jordan medical school and hospital from 6.1.2002 to 22.2.2004.
* Consultant psychiatrist and medical director, AL-Rashid Psychiatric Centre (teaching hospital) from 1.3.2004 to Sept. 2007.
* Assistant professor in psychiatry, The University of Jordan medical school and hospital since Sept.2007 to date
Ptychion iatrikis (medical diploma) Aristotalis university medical school Greece 1973. Grades 8/10 (very good)
Diploma in psychological medicine (DPM) London, U.K. 1982
Membership of The Royal College of Psychiatrists U.K. 1982
Diploma in organic psychiatry – The Institute of Psychiatry London, U.K. 1986
Jordan board in psychiatry 1993
Full registration with the general medical council, U.K. 1986.
Reg. no. 3230811
* Psychiatric tutor at princess Muna College of nursing – Jordan armed forces medical services 1982 to 28.9.1996.
* Psychiatric clinical tutor for the national health institute based at King Hussein medical center from 1988 to 1991.
* Clinical assistant professor of psychiatry, The University of Jordan medical school, from March 1995 to November 1996. My work involved giving lectures to medical students in theoretical and clinical aspects of psychiatry and psychosocial dimensions of health and disease, conducting seminars on common psychiatric problems with students, teaching interviewing skills, clinical skills, and formulation of clinical cases, and supervising outpatients’ clinic with students’ participation.
* Senior Lecturer in psychiatry at the University of science and technology medical school – Jordan, from November 1996 to June 1997. My work involved giving lectures in theoretical and clinical aspects of psychiatry and psychosocial dimensions of health and disease, conducting seminars on common psychiatric problems with students’ participation and assessment of student performance.
* Part-time assistant professor, medical school- Arabian Gulf University Bahrain, from Feb. 1998 to 30/8/2001.
Through this post I worked as:
* Clinical tutor for medical students in the Manama psychiatric hospital, this involved teaching assessment skills seminars on common psychiatric topics, patient management problems, supervising students work in the outpatient clinic, community visits, and assessment of students at the end of four weeks clerkship.
* Problem coordinator and resource for the psychiatric problems.
* Assistant professor in psychiatry in The University of Jordan medical school from 6.1.2002 to 22.2.2004.
* Assistant professor in psychiatry The University of Jordan medical school since Sept. 2007 to date.
* Member of the Examination Board in the Jordanian Board of Psychiatry since 1990.
*Member of the supreme aviation medicine committee since 2006.
* Member of the Exam. Board of The Arab Board of Psychiatry since 2012.
* Psychiatric trainer for primary care physicians and mental health workers sponsored by The International Medical corps (IMC) between 2005&2010.
* Associate professor of psychiatry since May 2014
* Chairman of the psychiatric department since June 2014
My career in psychiatry started in 1976 as a resident and after three years period of training in Jordan and then three years in the U.K., in 1982 I became a consultant psychiatrist in the dept. of psychiatry at king Hussein medical center – Jordan and chairman of the department from 92 to 96.
The department of psychiatry in K.H.M.C. is a 40-bed acute admission short stay unit within this 600 beds general hospital.
My work involved the assessment, diagnosis, and management of patients in the OPD and in the hospital. Providing psychiatric consultation service to other departments and sharing the management of patients with them.
Supervising and teaching psychiatric residents and medical students.
Active participation and supervising of research work in the unit.
* In May 1997 I joined the psychiatric hospital in Manama – Bahrain as a consultant psychiatrist, I was in charge of a general psychiatry firm for one year my work involved assessment, diagnosis, and management of patients, supervising and teaching residents and medical students.
I was in charge of the alcohol and drug rehabilitation unit for 2 years, my work involved assessment, diagnosis, management, supervising rehabilitation programs of patients, supervising and teaching residents and medical students.
I was in charge of the psychogeriatric firm, Al-Farabi rehabilitation unit, and community psychiatric services for a year ended in august 2001.
* In Jan 2002 I joined The University of Jordan hospital as a consultant psychiatrist with a lot of liaison work and out-patient population management and in-patient management in the national center for mental health. My work involves the assessment and management of all types of psychiatric disorders including substance use disorders.
* From March 2004 to August 2007, I joined Al-Rashid Psychiatric Center as a consultant psychiatrist and medical director, the job involves a lot of inpatients. And outpatient management in all aspects of psychiatry, teaching residents in addition to administrative duties.
* Since Sept. 2007 I rejoined The University of Jordan medical school and hospital as a consultant psychiatrist and faculty of the college.
* Served as a chairman of the psychiatric unit in K.H.M.C 92 – 96.
* Served as a chairman of the social committee K.H.M.C. 90 – 95.
* Served as a member of the committee for the welfare of veterans 90-96
* Served as a member of the national committee for mental health planning Jordan 89-94.
* Served as a chairman of the psychiatric hospital drug committee 1998 Bahrain.
* Served as chairman of the psychiatric hospital safety and infection control committee, 1999. Bahrain.
* Served as a chairman of the psychiatric hospital committee for the welfare of the elderly in 2000-2001 Bahrain.
* Served as a member of the psychiatric hospital management board in 1998 and 2000. For 6 months term. Bahrain.
* Served as medical director, Al-Rashid Psychiatric and drug dependence treatment Center (private teaching psychiatric hospital), from Feb 2004 to July 2007.
* Served as a member of the medical school council in the year 2010/2011.
*Serving as a member of The Aviation Supreme Medical Committee from 2006 to date.
* I gave many lectures on different aspects of psychiatry in many Bahraini schools over the last three years.
* I gave a talk about “caring for the elderly” in the international women association Bahrain march 1999.
* I gave a lecture on “drug abuse” at the annual meeting of east Rifaa Lion’s Club. February 2000.
* I gave a lecture on “postpartum psychiatric disorders” in the international association Bahrain in April 2001.
* I gave a lecture about mental illness in Sweileh center for community development in Feb. 2002 Jordan.
* Weekly lecture in different aspects of psychology and psychiatry for the public in AL-Rashid Psychiatric Hospital 2004-2007.
* I gave a lecture on substance abuse in Tabuk university for students and staff, May 2013
Affiliation to professional bodies:
* Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists U.K.
* Member of Jordanian psychiatric association.
* Member of the Arab psychiatric association.
* Member of the Islamic psychiatric association.
* Scholarship to study medicine in 1966.
* During my service in royal medical service, I received several medals for professional and service excellence.